Sunday, October 24, 2010

They are Growing Up on Us....

As I continue to work on my book, Kissing a Ghost ....  I realize I don't have as much time to write as I use to!  Which is fine, Austin hires a babysitter and tells me to write when he knows that I have to get that creative release ... 
 Ayslyn is growing up ... she's loves to play with all the toys her Daddy keeps coming home with!!
 I sat down with her one day and we started working on talking...... first thing I said was "Mommy and Daddy just got married, can you say Wedding!?!?"  She just gave me a look like I was sporting 3 heads and 10 hands...
 Then I noticed Bad-Make-Up McGee had Braham and I put her down and ran to rescue him....  Seriously, I do not like this babysitter, I don't know why, she seems like she does okay with the kids.. but there is something about her!
 I came back later though, after Austin got home and we learned to talk.  And trust me, she's a talking machine now!!  Then I started to teach her to walk.
 She never once fell on her butt!  Walking seemed to be come really easy to her...
 After we did that, I sat down to read a paper and....
 saw an article about our wedding in it!! 
"Expensive Wedding Sets Fashionable Standard....  The families are proud to announce that Ayla Zeeth and Austin Zimmerman were wed yesterday in a ceremony that is said to have taken the best of modern local fashion and blended it with old-time foreign sensibilities.  The cost for the wedding, though not disclosed, is rumored to reside in the six figure range" ....  I had to laugh, it wasn't even close to six figures!!  Humph...  Seriously?  SIX-FIGURES!!  We're lucky to have four figures in the household fund at any given time!!

But it was time to potty train Ayslyn .....  and that was NOT my most favorite job with her....
 Once we got the babies to sleep, Austin and I had some .... quite time....
 One thing lead to another.... it always does....
 Time passed and Braham turned into a little pudgy monkey!!  Soon enough, Braham and Asylyn would be having another birthday ....  it was sad... but exciting too. 
 I still tried to find time to work on Kissing a Ghost ...  even a few minutes here or there...
 And when I finally finished it....... I wanted to dance naked in the street...
but....  Austin talked me out of it... and into dancing naked under the sheets.....with him...

I found I loved catching up on the town events and reading the paper and this one day when Ayslyn toddled in to use the potty ...  my heart melted....
 I sat there thinking... maybe we should have another baby!!
 And then the nausea hit .......
 And I realized as I was puking in the toilet ....  ready or not, here another one comes!!
 I went off to the school to preform a concert.  The kids all loved the music and it gave me hope, maybe someday that concert at the theater... it might not be far off!
 We've been building up the house, getting a few more things here and there when we have a little extra money.  It's starting to fill up ....  and soon, we are going to have to really expand because we're going to have to make Ayslyn and Braham big kid bedrooms!!  Austin and I talked about it... and ... we decided we're going to create an upstairs... 
 But it was time to celebrate their birthdays!  Austin loves his son so much and, as he does his daughter, and he couldn't wait to help teach him to talk and walk with me.  I told him he'd have the honor of potty training him all on his own.  Especially if I was pregnant!
 He was laughing watching me dance with our neighbor though... then he told me I better dance like that for him later!
 First we celebrated Braham turning 1 ....  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!
 And then it was Ayslyn's turn to turn into a little girl.  :: sniff ::: My baby is grown up!
 But then, something horrible happened, and as Ayslyn ran into my room to change into her clothes she was cornered by Kay ... who sat there and made fun of her..... she was pointing at her and calling her names... and this is a lady who had been her babysitter since she was a baby .. and she was making fun of my sweet little girl!!!
But my sweet little girl stood her own and told her to knock it off.  Kay then started to talk to her like it never happened, but Ayslyn just turned around and walked away...

No comments:

Post a Comment